Quick answer: Medical Journal Publications are finding “lower” CBD dose was “more” effective than those using a higher CBD dose.
General guide to figuring out your CBD dose
- General CBD dosage guidelines recommend starting with a low CBD dose and gradually increase – until you achieve the results you desire.
- Start with 1-6 mg per 10 pounds of body weight.
- Most CBD products will have different amounts of CBD in different sizes of bottles.
- Use our CBD calculator to accurately figure out how much CBD is in each (1) single drop of CBD oil.
- One size does not fit all – in most cases.
- With most medications, optimal and effective CBD dosage will change throughout your lifetime.
- Consult with your healthcare provider because CBD can interact with various medications.
A quick Google search will yield several answers and provide a variety of CBD dosage chart information.
As of June 2019, the FDA does “not” have an average RDI (Recommended Daily Intake) for CBD to use as a general guide. Watch “full” 10 hour FDA Hearing (May 31, 2019 | 8 am – 6 pm) – discussing the future of hemp, cannabis, CBD, and much more.
Without proper FDA guidelines, individuals are typically seeking anecdotal advice from unlicensed medical professionals.
Before starting CBD, it’s best to check with your primary healthcare physician.
Critical factors in determining proper dosage include:
- Total amount of CBD, per dose.
- CBD brands only adding CBD isolates and not a full/broad spectrum for added “synergistic” benefit of the entourage effect – where cannabinoids work better when there’s more diverse variety of cannabinoids.
- Individual size and weight.
- Unique body chemistry.
- Condition severity.
- Potential CBD drug interactions with current medication you’re taking.
Recommended CBD For Idaho Locals & Visitors: Our Top Picks!
Before you learn more, here are some hand-picked CBD products for when you’re staying in Idaho that you must add to your wishlist today:
How do you know which CBD dose chart to listen to?
Until the FDA makes a final decision on a lab testing, label requirements, and standardized recommended dosages – the best we can do is look at what medical journal publications are utilizing and observing desirable results.
Early 2019, The Permanente Journal published a “retrospective” CBD chart dosing review, on adults psychiatric patient.
Retrospective CBD dosage chart information was collected via looking back towards handing past events.
This study consisted of 103 adults with about 80% having a sleep or anxiety disorder. Patients were excluded from this CBD study if they had a single or main diagnosis of PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder), schizophrenia, or agitated depression.
Final study had a total of 72 adults with a main concern of poor sleep and anxiety.
CBD was often used to either avoid or lower the need for psychiatric medications.
Psychiatric patients received active CBD treatment for at least one month.
Most patients received 25 mg of CBD per day – in a CBD capsule.
- If anxiety was predominant, the CBD dosage was giving after breakfast – every morning.
- If sleep issues predominated, the CBD dosage was provided after dinner – every evening.
Some patients require a CBD dosage of 50 mg per day. And others needed a higher dosage of 75 mg of CBD per day.
One recorded patient receiving CBD dosage had a history of trauma and also had schizoaffective disorder (chronic schizophrenia, hallucinations/delusions, mood disorder, mania, and depression) and required a CBD dosage of 175 mg per day. This dosage was gradually increased.
CBD Dose From Dr. Axe
Dr. Axe starts his CBD dosage article with how to know you’ve achieved the proper CBD dosage.
How do you know you have achieved the proper dosage is when you’ve achieved your goals.
Track how you feel and establish a baseline to measure the impact CBD is having on you.
Dr. Axe continues by saying it takes approximately 30 minutes before CBD begins taking effect – either ingesting or using a topical cream.
Some people are more responsive (sensitive) to CBD and will respond to lower recommended CBD dosages.
Depending on the results you’re after, determining “when” to take CBD will vary.
Most people take their CBD dosage 1-3 times per day – depending on the results you’re aiming to achieve.